4.0
Interest Rate

we have had our Buick now for less then two years and we have had to put in two timing belts..It is now at Donlingers in Baxter MN we bought the extended warranty on it and we so happy we did.. When we put the first one on it they said come back before 100000 miles is up it is less then 50000 .We love how it looks and rides ..but are very vey upset about this..

the Warrenty person said they will probably want put an used engine it .... we are with out a car to drive and this is again frustrating...

We feel something should be done about this.... thank you Alvin and Diane Jacobson

Product or Service Mentioned: 2011 Buick Regal Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Ride.

I didn't like: Timinb belts isses.

Comments

h.kitchener

You shouldn't be without a car to drive if you are having warranty work from a Buick dealer. I have always had a "loaner" provided to me whenever the repair took more than one day.

Obviously, if you had a timing belt fail in less than 5k miles, something is terribly wrong somewhere---cheap, foreign belt perhaps or a mis-adjustment causing the belt to be misaligned. You might want to do a search for your model with the words "timing belt failure" or such and see if others have had this problem and what the cause(s) might be. I bought Buicks for decades until I bought a 2011 Lucerne with oil leak problems.

The dealer was so inept and dangerous to the integrity of the vehicle I no longer have any faith in the brand. As a thought, perhaps the new belt wasn't installed correctly by the mechanic?